First American Corelogic Inc, First American Financial Corporation, and Mortgage Contracting Services Class Action
Class Action Plaintiff: Scott Borgioli, et al.
Class Action Defendants: Madrissa Group, LLC DBA Cal State Inspections, First American Corelogic Inc, First American Financial Corporation, Mortgage Contracting Services, et al.
Class Action Case Number: 30-2010-00390238-CU-OE
Class Action Allegations: This case arises out of the mis-classification of employees as independent contractors, and the resulting failure to comply with the Labor Code, by defendants Madrissa Group, LLC doing business as Cal State Inspections, First American Corelogic, Inc. and/or First American Financial Corporation, and Mortgage Contracting Services, LLC, who are the employers of persons who perform home inspection services. By treating inspectors as independent contractors instead of employees, Madrissa, First American and MCS fail to
- pay inspectors minimum wages owed
- pay inspectors overtime wages owed
- provide inspectors meal periods
- pay inspectors additional pay for missed meal periods
- provide inspectors with itemized wage statements
- reimburse inspectors for business related mileage expenses.
This case has been filed, is in litigation and has not yet achieved class certification.